Saturday 27 August 2016

Snowflake Tag

Is it too soon for this?!?  When I look at the stats for this blog I can see the most popular posts at the moment are the christmas projects including Christmas Baking in AdvanceChristmas Stocking Felt Cutlery Holders TutorialFestive Card Bunting Tutorial and Germany and a Weihnachstmarkt.  Since you're all looking for inspiration I'm sharing this project early to tickle your festive fancy.  I do like doing things in advance and it's amazing how much more relaxing winter is when you've got a freezer full of macarons, stollen and frangipani mini mince pies (wow that Bertinet recipe is GOOD!) ready for random visitors

Many years ago when I used to design projects for a crafting magazine the deadlines meant we had to work 5-6 months ahead.  It's a habit I got into and now I have little difficulty working on winter projects in summer and summer projects in winter!  I see this early sharing of a snowflake tag as a public service.  You're welcome.  Mwahhh!!

(See those individual little cup shapes above - they're formed using Craftwork Cards Candi and filled with novo crystals which dry hard.  What that means is you can make all kinds of flower shapes, stuff with nuvo and they won't get squished.)
Aren't these mini tags lovely?  They are from Set 32 Christmas Sentiments from Lili of the Valley  There are over 30 little sentiments and I plan to use them in a few Christmas projects but they are also suitable for general winter projects too.
The sparkle on the wings of the snowflakes was added using my ever present Wink of Stella Clear pen.  Frugal tip - I think this is the only sparkly ink pen you need.  I know there are loads of glitter pens available in different colours but I've experimented comparing my normal coloured pens (both Tim Holtz Distress markers and Copic) with added wink of stella over the top v spectrum noir sparkle pens and I can't see a difference.  Save yourselves a LOT of money and just get one clear sparkle pen!

Here's the video :)

No comments:

Post a Comment