Sunday 13 March 2016

Mixed media page - Creative Wilderness

I only had a rough picture in my mind of how I wanted this mixed media piece to look and as it took shape and I played around with different colour options and page layouts it turned out better than I had hoped. I used a range of new products including distress crayons a recent paper artsy hot picks "Home sweet home" stamp and a new cube stencil. The words were borrowed from a much larger word stamp and rearranged to suit this layout.
I used a texture paste through the cube stencil, then once it had dried, coloured the blocks with a picket fence distress marker and heat embossed it with white. The houses were stamped twice in black archival ink on white card and coloured with distress crayons. They were cut out and stuck to the page.


I used black archival ink for the small birds and used a black pen to go round the roof tops.


That was the result of my papery creative weekend. I didn't take pics but I made a tasty strawberry cheesecake from an online recipe and mint choc chip ice cream using a recipe from Mary Berry. I had to try this as its the first recipe I've seen that doesn't require you to mash up ice crystals for the part-frozen ice cream every 30 mins x lots of times x can't be bothered. For mint choc version use the base recipe provided and once everything else is mixed, stir in 1tsp peppermint extract and 100 gms dark choc chopped up. I'm not a huge ice cream lover but it's useful to have as a stand by in the freezer and I was very impressed with both the ease of this recipe and the simplicity of the natural ingredients. No fillers, gloop or bleah!
And in dog news....Buster's been watching Crufts as he recovers from his castration.

No comments:

Post a Comment