Sunday 7 February 2016

Playtime -distress markers and stencils - part 2

I wanted to show you how to put together the flowers used in part 1
Cut out ever decreasing circle sizes from card or tissue paper and spritz ink over them or just spray neat water on them. Scrunch them and leave to dry. Once dry, unwrap them, they should have nice deep folds. I've laid out the top row in the order I'm going to layer them and don't worry about putting the circles directly on top of each other, make them slightly off centre as in the bottom row.
In the flowers below, I've spritzed them with complementary colours to match the backgrounds I've created...
If you want a little extra sparkle, use a glitter pen on the edges of each layer. I used a clear Wink of Stella brush pen because I love it. It's one of the best glitter pens I've found.
Poke a hole through the background card and fix the flower in place. Add a sentiment and - ta dah!
I had a lot of fun with these and got slighty obsessed. But only slightly.
Well, you get the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment