Wednesday 16 January 2013

Heartfelt Hug

Sometimes sending a card isn't enough and you want to send someone something more huggy.  So this was the chance for me to get stuck into a book I bought before Christmas but didn't have time to read ...Poppy Treffry's (second) book about machine embroidery.  It's a technique we've covered in our sewing classes and it's one I really love, so it was interesting to read the tips and designs in Poppy's book.  She runs classes in Cornwall too but I think you've got to be really quick to snap them up!  (I checked and 2013 is booked already.)


The design which caught my eye was this one for a butterfly.  I didn't follow the instructions exactly but I'm pleased with the result and relieved I finally got the tension right.  That took longer than making the butterfly!  It was always going to be a heart shaped mini cushion and I think the butterfly design was ideal for that shape.
It will be sent to it's new owner later in the week :)



No comments:

Post a Comment