Saturday 24 March 2012

Swimming under the Stars

Yesterday I paid my first visit to the Thermae Bath Spa for a girls night out and our timing was perfect.  We swam and floated in the warm waters of the open air pool under the stars after one of the warmest days of the year so far.  I didn't know before we went that it's Britain's only natural thermal spa (thanks Wikipedia) but I did know it's right in the heart of the city and as you relax in the water, you get wonderful views over the rooftops. Fab.u.lous.

This morning I tootled round town, soaking up the sunshine and enjoying the street performers.  This guy was playing Spanish guitar just outside the Abbey and something about being under a blue sky made everyone seem a bit happier.  

Just round the corner is one of my favourite fabric shops, Country Threads Patchwork on Pierrepont Place.  You can overdose on fabby fabrics just by standing in this place.  For those of a hooky persuasion there is a lovely yarn shop almost opposite called http://www.woolbath.co.uk/  Somehow I managed to visit both without parting with serious cash but it was hard, reeeeally hard!  They offer such temptations....

 And this group of musicians were great - I stood for a while and tapped my foot and swayed a little sway with the rest of the crowd.

Then it was back to the Week Day Home with some fresh flowers to pretty the place up and get on top of the Domestics because tomorrow I'm off to a workshop.  Intermediate Crochet with the ladies at Paperarts.  Hopefully there will be some little Woolly Wonder to share with you as a result :)


1 comment: